Thinnest cut-off wheels?

Having recently purchased a Dremel Mini-mite, its frustrating to see the thick cuts that the thinnest cut-off wheel makes, not to mention how brittle they are. I was wondering if others know of a good cut-off wheel made of metal maybe, and which is thin? Whats like the thinnest cut-off wheel that one can buy? Thanks.

Reply to
SmithRan

For thin cuts, use circular saw blades in a mandrel . . .

Reply to
Alan Dicey

Second that. I routinely use small blades down to 0.005" . Probably can get thinner ones, but even the 0.005 blades are rather delicate.

Boris

Reply to
Boris Beizer

Third that. Add go slow with the blade, let it cut or it will get too hot.

Shawn

Boris Beizer wrote:

Reply to
Shawn McClelland

I suppose the original poster might want to know where to get these things. Any large or well-stocked model shop should have, or be able to get, some. The on-line suppliers are a good source - here are some examples from Micromark - if the URL's wrap, just go to the Micromark site

look under Power Tool Accessories for Saw Blades & Cut-Off Wheels.

0.015" thick set

ultra-thin,0.005" set

diamond blade, 0.040" thick cut

Thin cut-off wheels, 0.033" thick

Alan Dicey

And HomeDepot. In my area they have almost all the accessories.

Shawn

Alan Dicey wrote:

Shawn McClelland