This is WAY cool...

That is so refreshingly different and stunning, its the sort of thing that I would like to see a lot more of at model shows, a crowd puller, real creative thought going on there.

Thanks Rufus for spotting that one. Steve

Reply to
Steve

on 12/10/2007 12:26 AM Rufus said the following:

These are great! Too bad Krocher is not a real modeler like us, as evidenced by his clean workbench in the Bismark pics. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Whenever someone says check this out, it's cool - I always wonder in the back of my mind if my idea of cool will match theirs.

Well in this case - oh hell yeah, that is stunning!

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Worse yet, he made a holder for his tool bits, everything within reach and neatly arranged. Where's the fun in that.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

The mixture of scales is screwy though; the Japanese minisub would literally have to be crewed by midgets to make this work right. But we all know what should be in the fish tank with the two subs:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Before everyone starts sticking U-boats, the Hood, and the Yamato on the bottom of their fish tanks they should note that many model cements and paints are somewhat soluble in water, and can poison your fish over time. So if you do this, you might only want to keep cheap pet fish until you see what happens after a few months. One interesting aspect here... after a few weeks algae may start growing over the model wreck, giving it a even more realistic appearance by actually having sea life on it.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

LOL !

Reply to
SiG226

If someone used tube glue, and then baked the model LIGHTLY to get the solvents out, it would probably be OK. Washing the parts trees with sopa and water would get rid of the mold release agent. Painting? I wouldn't. But if I did, I'd run my tank with charcoal filters and change them every week for 6 months. Activated charcoal does a great job of getting rid of organic compounds in water.

Heavy metals, too.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

Dammitol, where do you get that kind of imagination and the talent to put it to use?

Reply to
Disco58

Yeah, they mentioned that on last week's NBC news report on recycling water from sewage. I'll try to forget about that for awhile. :{

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah...THAT'S just plain terrifying.

Reply to
Rufus

every drop of water on the planet has been around for 3 billion years. it's peen polluted and clean millions of times. think of it, you drink water that was once part of dinosaur pee.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:cay7j.115742$ snipped-for-privacy@fe06.news.easynews.com:

I read somewhere and once that a guy had calculated the chance of you (or someone else) breathing in (and out) the same oxygene molecule that Napoleon did.

I don't remember the outcome, that didn't interest me that much, but somebody had the time to calculate it. That whacked me!

Reply to
Bert-Jan

....hmmmnnn...millions of years, v.s. a couple weeks...yuck. With a capital YUCK.

Reply to
Rufus

better stay off long term space voyages.....

Reply to
someone

And Bill Bansazak is so old, he can vouch for that! :-)

Reply to
Jules

he was dinosaur pee?

Reply to
someone

no but he drank Palaeontological urine....or maybe im just taking the pisssssss

Reply to
Jules

or too much cider and you are pissed?

Reply to