Those "Phillipine Mahogany" painters?

Does anyone have any information on how the paint details are applied to those "Phillipine Mahogany" scale airplane models? A manufacturer of one of the lines told me the insignia, numbers and all other trim paint are applied by hand. However, under a ten-power glass I can't see a single brush mark, hand tremble or sign of a decal. This "handwork" seems too good to be true.

BJ

Reply to
Bob Johnson

Airbrush and masking templates. It's done "by hand", but not by conventional brush.

John Hairell ( snipped-for-privacy@erols.com)

Reply to
John Hairell

John --

That masking technique yields amazing results. Do you know any more about how the mask is prepared and used? The process seems to be superior to decals and leaves absolutely no paint ridge. Also, it must lend itself to small production runs, including one-off custom models.

Thanks for the info,

BJ

John Hairell wrote:

Reply to