trumpeter sm79

any masks, pe or must haves? looks like a really nice kit. amy problems? which side was the torp carried on active patrol? thanks....

Only one torpedo carried for combat. Always under the pilot who had a simple sighting device which was swung in front of him for the torpedo run. Dropped from 60 meters about 3-400 meters from the target. Those guys had balls! Then flat turn and get away (most of the time).

ciao,

Ken PCM, inc.

Reply to
KLawr63125

sounds like the two stick dambuster aimer.

"e" ha scritto nel messaggio news:iZ8%b.9303961$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com...

Eduard has some photoetched kits for interiors and exteriors... and maybe some masks ... I think I will buy them for my trumpeter sm79 ... !

ciao

Reply to
ilPoeta

They called them the "Electric Men"............ {seriously !}

Also remember that the exhaust manifolds came forward (!!) from the cylinder heads going into the collector ring that was the front part of the engine cowling. Plastic rod, or wire solder should do the trick. While you are at it, there was a triangular bracing arrangment on the front of the engines as well. Again plastic rod... A google search will bring up all the info you need for this.

And no, I havnt built mine yet, waiting to find some nice decals, and get a few other kits out of the way first :)

Azzz1588

let me know if you find a mask. i saw the other stuff.

thanks, i saw some nice pics. you have the trumpeter, too?

I think I saw it on Eduards' site; they are offering a 1/48 scale SM-79 with photoetch , etc. I can't imagine this being anything other than the SMER kit. Why would they re-introduce that beast? Cheers,

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Yup, looks like a nice kit, not going to add too much extra too it, but the front of the engines do need some work...

Azzz1588

concerning accuracy, IIRC you need to make the cowling front openings smaller.

bye,

Vedran

Reply to
Vedran Kalamiza

thanks

Well if you are going to get really into it, the elevators also are too small. Another place to play with plastic sheet :)

Azzz1588