Very OT / New Computer Toy

I've been doing a lot of traveling lately and didn't want to buy an expensive laptop. I was in the local Micro Center on Friday and wound up buying an ASUS EEE mini PC for $349.00. They threw in a Canon Pixma Printer / Scanner MP210 for free.

This thing is really neat. Less than 2 pounds with built in wireless internet capability and enough other neat stuff to make me as happy as a pig in you know what. It's small enough to tuck into the better half's purse if we are traveling together.

I had it up and running and connected to my Linksys wireless network in less than 15 minutes and also took it to the local coffee shop (where I am right now typing this) and connected right up to their WiFi without any problem at all. This thing is great!!!!

Here is a link to Best Buy's page on this item. I bought the "Surf" version in black.

Count DeMoney

if you want to comparison shop....

someone

Those are very cool, and much better than the 500 dollar laptop ilk that most people are falling for now adays. Much more functionality without the lack of quality. You would be amazed at how many people come into my store wondering why that "bargain" laptop they got from Wal-Mart, bestbuy, etc don't work worth a crap. Reason is very cheap electronics, badly engineered, not enough horsepower, and using 2 year old technology to run Vista, combine and mix and you get a very slow buggy computer that's lucky to last two years.

Those Asus EEE machines are great ;-)

Reply to
Angry American

Does anyone on this group have enough cash left over after the latest kit purchases (on pre-order of course) to afford a Sony Vaio UX series? I don't buy Sony if I can help it, but if you're looking for something on the small side, this will be just about right. My preference, as a free and open software person, is of course the Asus EEE, but for business, well, you know how it goes...

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Anybody know where to get a good price for Publisher? I'm using a Toshiba P205D-S7438 Satelite running Windows Vista. Very happy with it, but I don't want to re-install my ten year old Publisher. The to-b- processed pile of new modeling magazines pile up as I search. Aside from the next book and the first ESM 72 annual I've added an aftermarket decals database and databased the 7000+ volume library database. Carrying around filecards in order to escape buying the same magazine or book that I already have has become a pain.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Funny how the mind no longer is elastic enough to carry all that data by itself at our ages. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller