Vulcan, Anything besides Airfix ?

Just watched Thunderball and it got me interested in the kit again. Tossed my Airfix kit away years ago. Just way, way too much putty work needed on that one, and I suck at putty application.

so, has anyone else made a kit of this gorgeous aircraft?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

lindberg but it's not very detailed and odd scaled also.

Reply to
someone

Frog did one many years ago in 1:90 I seem to remember, the moulds are somewhere in Eastern Europe now, they occassionally do short runs from the range under various names. Never tried it myself as it's not my scale.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Hi! Have a look at these:-

Charlie Munro

Anigrand in Hong Kong do 1:144 resins of all the V Bombers but they are expensive at $88 plus $14 shipping for those kits. They also do other large aircraft in the same scale

and look at Large Birds

Tony Chch NZ

Reply to
Stadia

nd it got me interested in the kit again.

The lIndy is a prototype, and is listed as 1/96 although I don't know if that's accurate. Now I'm tempted to dig mine out and start it.

Reply to
eyeball

Have you looked at Welsh Models' Vulcans?

Richard Brooks

that sounds right. it's not hard to build, like the airfix. i never tried really detailing one, so let us know how it goes. i have another i may build but my airfix may just get given to someone i don't like.

Reply to
someone

Lindberg's is 1/96 and is good only for one or two prototypes.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Aurora did a Mr. Spock kit, but he was only half-Vulcan. :-)

Reply to
GordonD

I was waiting for someone to say something like that...

Reply to
eyeball

Glad to be of service!

Reply to