Wellingtons

1) The kit has some piping of some kind that attaches to the wing outboard > of

> the engines. It's not exhaust as it's to far from the nacelle. What is it?

These were fuel jettison pipes.

2) Visible through window geodetic stringers. I assume that the glass is on hte outside and the framing need to be painted from the inside? Presumably same color as fuselage nearby?

I agonised over this very problem, because to my mind, the framing is very much part and parcel of the Wellington's character. It is the geodetic aluminium structure which is visible through the perspex windows and as you say, to be accurate, it should be painted on the inside, but that way, I found, lies madness!

I've always taken the view that it's the visual effect that counts rather than total accuracy, so what I did was painted some Tamiya masking tape (nice and thin) silver and cut thin strips with a steel rule and X-Acto knife, then applied these on the outside. After a coat of varnish, I felt they looked convincing enough. I actually made the Coastal Command version and it looks suitably different.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Syke

"Syke" wrote in news:mbAom.64737$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe29.ams:

Exactly what I thought they might be.

Hmm, sorta what I thought. I have some black decal strips, thin enough to cover them on the inside.

Any thoughts on the black undersurface paint?

Reply to
Gray Ghost