wingy dingy

anyone have a top right wing for the mono do 335 kit? new, used, whatever.

There's a gent in PA who may have one. Have you tried Monogram? Send me an email if you want me to contact him. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

ok, thanks.

Even thought I've built my share of Glad kits I still don't know how the poor pilot was expected to use the life raft secured away on the bottom of his a/c Mean he would have to wait for the damn thing to roll over? It must have been invented by a American probably the same one who scribbled up the B-24 in the back of a New York City Cab? and said it would be a great way to make some big money fast?( As long as he didn't have to crew in it) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Michael Keown

Maybe he was supposed to release it before bailing out/ditching...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Consider ditching a fixed gear biplane--you'd probably end up inverted. So, if you manage to get out of the cockpit before you drown, the raft ought to be very accessible from the belly-up Glad :-)

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Good point. Maybe the life raft was intended to be dropped to

*other* pilots in distress. I dunno, obviously - just guessing...
Reply to
Al Superczynski

Neither Mason nor Crawford mention how it was to be used, but this sounds right. There was probably a quick release from the cockpit that opened the compartment and it would have floated (on a rope) not far from the plane.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Let's see, sudden stop from impact with the water, quick 180 inversion and then the pilot's supposed to remain concious, exit the craft and find the raft rope? I wonder how many times that was completed successfully? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

can't seem to find anu successfull accounts of it.

I would doubt the rope. The aircraft would sink fairly quickly and taking the raft with it would be a rather bad idea... hang on, this is all too possible for the RAF!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley