[Cars] Paint for tires

I want to hilight some raised letters (GoodYear) on some tires for a car model. Any thoughts on a good white paint for this? I tried Testors but didn't like the results, too thin - see thru.

Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

white-out, very carefully applied.

Use Acrylic, Tamiya will do but you may need a few dry brushed coats.

Reply to
The Raven

I use acrylic craft paint by Folkart. I get it from Michaels. Covers well.

98 cents for a 2oz bottle. It'll do a ton of tires.

Chris

Reply to
chris

White latex house paint!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

Was going to say use acrylic craft paint, but Chris beat me to it. But I believe it's the best. Dries good, mostly one coat works and if it ever gets too thick, thins with water. Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

Most any water-based acrylic. Whatever you do stay away from enamels - those won't cure on vinyl or rubber tires.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I use Pactra's R/C Polycarbonate body paint for whitewalls. It's opaque and cleans up with the usual enamel paint thinners.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've have heard (but never tried it myself) that White-out paper correction fluid works real well.

The Old Timer

yep. works well on the real thing, too.

Pactra (yes, they're still in business!) makes a line of paint for RC vehicles. "RC Car Racing Finish" cheerfully bonds with Lexan bodies and other problematic plastics (like vinyl tires.) Nice selection of colors including pearls. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

If you can find Pactra RC Racing Finish, that works great and it's very opaque. If not, go acrylic. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper