WTB...Revell 1/32nd P-51B

If anyone has this kit in their closet, would like to buy it. Get back to me and we can wheel and deal.

Reply to
Krewdawg

You do know that this is one of the most inaccurate P-51B kits ever foisted upon the modeling public, don't you?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Al Superczynski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But it is the only 1/32 kit. And man what what I wouldn't give for a new tool B. Or one in 1/24. We have 3 Ds in 1/24 Bandai, Airfix/Heller and Trumpeter. How's about a B someone? Or an A?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Jerry Rutman makes a resin kit of the B in 1/32. Check

for more info.

Reply to
Michael Stanley

ISTR that he's ceased production. Anyone know if that's true, and if so is there any remaining stock?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I'd sooner attempt a conversion of Hasegawa's D than try to do something with Revell's B. And that's a *major* conversion....

A good B is long overdue in 1/32. Maybe Trumpeter could do it, do it right, and make up for their funny-looking 1/24 scale D....

And we're *still* looking for an accurate state-of-the-art D in

1/24. I still can't fathom how Trumpeter absolutely botched such an extensively documented airplane.

How about Tamiya doing them in 1/72? Or at least Academy fixing the rear view windows in their B kit? ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Hi Al,

Jerry did announce that he was closing down but is now back in business

-- a *very* good thing for 1/32-scale guys like me. His current website is at

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

Some good news for a change! :)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I know we're talking 1/32 scale here but how many of you remember the Revell P-51D in 1/72 scale? That's my vote for "most inaccurate.

Yeah, that was a bad move on their part, doing another D when they could have done a B.

Cheers,

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper