WW2 German truck

The Americans had and still operate the 2 1/2 ton utility truck known as the 'deuce and a half'. Did the German army have a similar vehicle? I realize they must have had dozens but I am looking for the most common one that was used on all fronts. Who makes a 1/35 kit of this truck? Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

I'd hazard a guess that it would be the Opel Blitz as the most prevalent type in service though there were many others. Mercedes produced a three-ton model of a transport truck. Bussing and MAN also produced larger trucks of greater load-carrying capacity. The single largest problem with this was the Reich's inability to standardise until later (relatively speaking) in the war. Variety is not a good thing for supply lines in wartime. IIRC, Italeri offered/offers both in 1/35th scale while Testors has also reboxed the Blitz under their name.

Frank Kranick

Mike Keown wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Mike Keown wrote: : : German army have a similar vehicle? I realize they must have had dozens but : I am looking for the most common one that was used on all fronts. : Easiest, cheapest and certainly valid option is to purchase the Italieri 1/35 Opel Blitz kit. They were found everywhere the Germans went.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden