WWI Russian Vehicles

Anybody know if the Russians used some of the more commonly available
vehicles in WWI and the continuing internal wars into the 1920s?
I'm thinking of British Mk.IV, German A7V, French FT.17 tanks: Mack
Bulldog trucks, American Ford Model T trucks, ambulances, etc.
I work in 1/72-1/76. Once this contract for eight figure sets is done
(four done so far) I want to do a few vehicles before I plunge into
planes and armored trains and maybe boats.
Any help appreciated.
Tom
Reply to
maiesm72
Tom,
You might find answers here, especially on the forum.
Gordon McLaughlin
Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin
mine came wiith red markings so i would guess for the mk4.
Reply to
someone
Stick this in the diorama:
Pat
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
Osprey has a publication - "Armored units of the Russian Civil War"
There's a lot of info (and pictures) in there.
Cheers,
Reply to
Bill Shatzer
The Russians used a lot of common vehicles, but by the time they got them most of them were used more in the Russian Civil War.
Most common were the British Mark V (male and female) which the Russians called the "Rikardo" after its engine (Ricardo) and the Renault FT (the "Reno"). They also used the Austin armored car in several variants as well as some home-growns.
As noted there are websites and books, some of which even go down to serial number level of the vehicles used!
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Good answers and sources. Thank you all.
Now to buy some of these and save up for an armored train or two :-)
Tom
Reply to
maiesm72