WWI Russian Vehicles

Anybody know if the Russians used some of the more commonly available vehicles in WWI and the continuing internal wars into the 1920s?

I'm thinking of British Mk.IV, German A7V, French FT.17 tanks: Mack Bulldog trucks, American Ford Model T trucks, ambulances, etc.

I work in 1/72-1/76. Once this contract for eight figure sets is done (four done so far) I want to do a few vehicles before I plunge into planes and armored trains and maybe boats.

Any help appreciated.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Tom,

You might find answers here, especially on the forum.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

mine came wiith red markings so i would guess for the mk4.

Reply to
someone

Stick this in the diorama:

Pat

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Osprey has a publication - "Armored units of the Russian Civil War"

There's a lot of info (and pictures) in there.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

The Russians used a lot of common vehicles, but by the time they got them most of them were used more in the Russian Civil War.

Most common were the British Mark V (male and female) which the Russians called the "Rikardo" after its engine (Ricardo) and the Renault FT (the "Reno"). They also used the Austin armored car in several variants as well as some home-growns.

As noted there are websites and books, some of which even go down to serial number level of the vehicles used!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Good answers and sources. Thank you all.

Now to buy some of these and save up for an armored train or two :-)

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72