WWI Tank Question

Just got my Squadron flyer for November !!!
Back in the 70's I built a 1/72 WWI tank that had a wheel assembly
attached to the rear, I assume that was to get over the trenches or not
fall over backward?
anyways - does anyone know what type of tank this was and if its in the
Emhar series of 1/35
WWI tanks as listed in the flyer? None of the pics show the assembly
that I remember.
thx - Craig
Reply to
crw59
British Mk4 by Airfix ?
Reply to
IanDTurner
You're thinking of the Airfix Mk 1 (which was actually closer to a mk II, but that's another story).
The wheels were for steering, but were soon dropped as they (a) weren't needed and (b) got in the way
Only the mks I and II had the wheels.
Remove nospam to reply!!
Reply to
Dave Fleming
The kit would be the Airfix Mk 1.
The wheels were intended to assist the steering, but were not successful. Later Marks didn't have them, and they were gradually removed from earlier tanks.

Emhar does Mk IV's in 1/35 and 1/72, in Male (2 x 6pdr, 3 x machine-guns) and Female (5 x machine-guns) form, also a Mk V. These are all the same general lozenge shape as the Mk 1, but without the steering tail. I guess you could scratch-build one if you wanted to...

Alan Dicey