Question about M24 Chaffee tank

Hi again. I'm building the Hasegawa M24 Chaffee in 1/72, and while it will stand alone when finished, I want to create a small scene for it to rest on. Since I've learned this tank came into use at the very end of the war, I suppose it didn't really see much action related to ww2. However, this is the time period I'd like to reflect in my display. Can someone give me some examples of scenic situations this tank would look appropriate in? For instance, muddy, grassy, ect. I'll likely place the tank on a 3x5 photo frame as a base, so it will be the centerpiece. I have a long way to go with the model, as I've only just begun assembly, but would like to know what the base should look like early on. It will help with how to weather the tank. Thanks as always for your input, and best wishes.

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

The Chaffee entered service in the Ardennes in December 1944, so that gives you a five-month window until VE Day. It could be shown anywhere from deep snow to a grassy field in spring to a bombed out town or village. Squadron has an "In Action" title on the beast that should give you lots of ideas. Also saw service in Korea and French Indochina. A few remained in service with the South Vietnamese Air Force for base security through the end of the Vietnam War. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Lafimprov