Sherman tank question

Hi all. I've started a little Heller Sherman tank in 1/72, and plan to have the turret hatch open. Can someone please tell me what color the insides of these things were? I don't know if this will matter, but the info on the instruction sheet implies this tank is from the D-Day invasion. I'm not planning to add lots of interior detail, but since some of it will be visible through the open hatch, I want it to look right. Thanks for any input folks! By the way....I recently just got into this scale of armor, and really enjoy it. While it's not anywhere near the detail of the 1/35 offerings, the price is right, there is a decent selection of subjects, and I enjoy adding my own paint and weathering details anyway. Plus, creating dioramas isn't eating up space as quickly. :-)

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

OD, the same as the exterior of the vehicle.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

A clarification -- indeed, the interior of the *hatches* was OD, because it would be visible when the hatches were open. But according to "Inside the Great Tanks" by Hans Halberstadt (ISBN 1861262701), the general color of the interior was white. (The original question in the thread seemed to ask about the interior in general, as well as the hatches. We shouldn't give him the wrong impression.)

Reply to
Alexander Arnakis

Heller's kit is actually the old (40 years or so) Airfix M4 kit. It is representative of one that would have been used at Normandy but would need either wading stacks or a DD kit to be set for 6 June.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne