Project underway

Hello everyone. I've begun a rather ambitious project, and hope it turns out as planned. It's a diorama in 1/72 scale constructed on an 11x14 frame. The scene will feature selected portions of the Airfix Waterloo farmhouse, enhanced with added doors and frames. I'll also use various items from the Italeri battlefield accessory kit. For armor I'm planning to have a Sherman tank, a GMC troop carrier, a GMC fuel truck, and a M3A1 halftrack with trailer. If I can score a jeep, I'll add that too. The Sherman is already built, and turned out nicely. I'm not a pro at armor models, so this was a chance to use some weathering techniques. I used the oil wash, drybrushing, and powder. For fun I have the turret hatch open, and will find a little guy to have looking out of it. This project will likely take at least another month, but when I'm done I'll plan to post pics to the "alt" site....if it ended up meeting my expectations.

I do, incidentally, have a question. I really need US figures for the scene that aren't fighting. The scene is meant to depict the soldiers setting up a command post at this old house, so poses like unloading, lifting, ect. are preferred. Would Air Force flight personnel be suitable for this? I cannot recall ever seeing 1/72 figures in poses like I need.

Anyway, I'm excited to get this project done, and look forward to sharing pics of it at that time. Thanks for reading, take care, and I appreciate any info on the "figures" issue.

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Randy Pavatte wrote

Apart from a chap marching in a greatcoat in the Revell US Infantry

(you apparently get 5 marching blokes out of 47), the only all-non combat set of US troops I've ever seen is the ROCO set,
a mix of marching and sitting troops. I'd have a good look before buying, though; I remember them from a good 25 years ago and I'd doubt the moulds have improved over time...

Reply to
Rik Shepherd

Airfix/MPC has USAAF figures that should work. I used them in a couple dios; one WW II USN rearming SBD, the other was loading RVN Skyraider. Their modern NATO air/ground crew set might help also

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
CSRZ28