WWII Movies - the best of the best

avert a theoretical nuclear war.... how about the cold war "Fail Safe.">>

love the bomb" too. Great footage of the B-52!>>

Haven't seen either in more years than I can remember--in which does Slim Pickens take that last very wild ride on the nuke?

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Disco asked

Last scenes of Strangelove. Can't figure out how he didn't lose the ht to the windblast :-) Considering the USAF did not cooperate with the movie, they faked the BUFF interior pretty well except for the Nav/EWO areas. Rick MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

Excellent, cadet! You've passed the test and has earned the right to proudly wear a gilded Starfleet Communicator Badge ...

... which I happened to notice you curiously made no mention of ever having worn. ;-)

It's for ... for ... scientific purposes! Yeah, that's it! For the study of how ships that are only about 70% the size of the NCC-1701-A can still be 70% the size of the vastly larger NCC-1701-D. This is a paradox which has boggled the minds of scientists everywhere since the late sixties ...

Reply to
John Magne Stubsveen

love goergy shooting the coke machine.

strangelove parodied in cartoons ever after.

it was a loyal texan hat.

Yes, someone already did. I didn't because I thought being fiction disqualified it, but now I realize the thread says "WWII Movies" and not "WWII Historical Movies"...

-- __________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke \_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru _H__/_/

'-_____|(

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying

Reply to
machf

And he was waving it around in his hand.

The first time I ever saw Strangelove, as a kid, I turned the TV on right at that point. Spent years (pre-VCR) trying to find out what the hell was going on!

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Only me :-)

Lovely, lovely Tigers...

wuf!, wuf!... that's my other dog impression...

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

From: Wulf Corbett snipped-for-privacy@wulf.demon.co.uk

I ran into Donald Sutherland with his son in a Las Vegas shopping mall while TDY to Nellis AFB back in about 1982. While one of my flight mates ran into Abercrombie & Fitch to borrow a pen and piece of paper for an autograph, my other buddies and I talked with him for a couple minbutes. I asked him what his favorite line from his movies was. He said. Woof, woof.......!

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Keeping all your precious bodily fluids safe?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I remember going to a friend's house to see it because he had a colour TV. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Um, perspectives are distorted in space?

Sounds like more fun than being dragged to a Phillies game to sit for hours in the heat and bright sun.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

"Bill Banaszak" wrote

That was GEN Ripper. Buck Turgeson was screwing his secretary.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Bet that was a disapointment ;o)

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Now, if the thread topic had been 'WW2 Historical Movies' we would have a very short thread, wouldn't we? Except for 'Pearl Harbour', most of the war movies I've seen have been pretty well inaccurate. :-P

RobG Who has taken an oath to never watch 'Pearl Harbour'. Or 'Titanic'. Not even on pain of death.

|(

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Mr Sutherland only does the '60s, maaann. He got stuck in a time warp and never found the next decade. But he does do it well!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Reminds me of Sean Connery. He's been an Edinburgh-born immortal Egyptian Spaniard, an Edinburgh-born Belorussian Soviet submarine captain, an Edinburgh-born dragon, an Edinburgh-born deep space lawman...

...and, damn, but he's been a good one!

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Kelly's Heroes... One my all time faves also

Mechanic Guy: Aw why did you trade for the Tiger? OddBall: Cause a Tiger's a mother beautiful tank!

Greg

Reply to
Kilowatt

...and still the best damned Bond ever!