Your essential tool

In my workshop I have drills up to 30mm ,I just keep the micros for modelling . My scalpels are no 4 handle with no 22 and 24 blades ,no 3 handle with no 11 blade. I have a panel line scriber I bought from NKR Models here in Australia .I don't know who made it but it is a very good one. Not sure if he still has them. I bought some dental burrs on Ebay , I'm yet to try them with the mimimotor tool, I also got some dental reamers these are similar to a twist drill and very sharp. Scalpel blades I get in packs of 100 ,out of date as far as sterility goes ,but good for modelling.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

"Kevin(Bluey)" wrote

Just don't cut yourself, or else you'll get an infection...

(c:

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

If you think a BMF scriber is good, I challenge you to try a JLC razor saw for scribing. My BMF scriber is rusting away since I bought my first JLC razor saw. I consider it one of my most useful tools. Here's a review, so you can see what I'm talking about. It's 0.1 mm thick by the way.

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:
AQM-34 site:

Rob de Bie

Thanx, thanx a lot !

I just broke my last blade the other day, and had no idea where to get more right off.

Reply to
AM

i've seen it's granpa. ememory wants me to say linoleum saw but that way be wrong. veneer saw? ok, veneer saw from the tool box. maybe i should finish that cathedral radio resurface?

I've never had much luck with motor tools - the flex-shaft kind in particular...I'm glad my dentist has better hands than I do...

The best dental tool I have is my cavity file, which I found at a gun show for $2.00, as I recall. It's like a dental pick, but with a small flattened bead that has file teeth on the flat side. The best tool I've ever seen for getting into tight corners to smooth seams, putty, etc. If you can find one, grab it. It's the best tool since the Flexi-File.

One of the guys in my local turned me on to using a quality draftman's compass point in a pin vise. You can get some really fine lines tha way, and it's about the cheapest tool in my arsenal. It also works well for cutting shapes from sheet plastic using a drafting template - the point allows you to scribe though without cutting into the plastic of the template.

Reply to
Rufus

Yes. Any chance of a picture when you're finished? :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I like the scalpel and blades from demetek, inexpensive and high quality...not necessarily essential as other blades will work just fine. As far as essential is concerned, the bottle/jar opener from Micro-Mark certainly is. I have yet to find an implement that is any better for getting a recalcitrant model master paint bottle open. The UMM scriber is on order and looks very promising. Cheers! BA

Reply to
Bruce Apple