2 Page Word Document as object

Does anyone know of a way to insert a 2 page word document into a drawing so that both pages show up?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

you can save each page as a separate pdf file and insert both as objects in the drawing. If you can't convert them to pdf you can take some screen shots of each page and save them as a picture file format. You can then insert these as objects as well. 2008 has insert "picture" now which is supposed to work really well for stuff like this.

Don

Reply to
dvanzile3

Reply to
Seth Renigar

let me guess though.... you probably need it so it's linked dynamically so if you make a change to the word doc it will update in the drawing.

you can do this when you insert the word object and select the "link"... but I've never used it much because there was always display and sizing issues.

Reply to
dvanzile3

Actually no. Linking to the word document is not required. The PDF solution would work if we had the ability to create PDF's from word. The IT people have never installed such software even though we have requested it time and time again...

With that being said, the only thing I have been able to come up with is to literally split the word document pages into 2 seperate files, and insert them as 2 individual word docs. I was just hoping there was an easier way to do this as I have many of these to do....

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar

If the word document contains only text you could copy the text from the word document, then in your drawing create an annotation (note) and paste the text into the annotation.

Reply to
mw

It's got pics, headers, footers, company logo, etc.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I would suggest creating separate pdf's myself.

Tell your IT people to get you of course the adobe package. But can I suggest ScanSoft PDF Converter Pro v4. I use this and it's awsome.

As far as another option.... this sounds like a job for an inturn!

Don

Reply to
dvanzile3

You can check google....there are many programs available for converting word to pdf...here is the link

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer