2009 -- anyone?

Greets all -- have been looking around for feedback on SW2009 but can only find lists of new features -- no real usage opinions.

I'd guess that most on 2007 probably skipped 2008 and have been waiting for 2009 -- anyone out there like to share their thoughts?

part2 -- in moving to 2009 I'm considering a switch to vista 64-bit -- these are all some big changes coming fast and sound like a dangerous recipe.

-Tony

Reply to
post

NDAs probably keep beta testers from talking.

The rest of us more or less figure on waiting until Service Pack 4 to upgrade anyway, unless we have no work to do.

Windows 64 bit works if all your apps and drivers are 64 bit, though some sort of compatibility mode for 32 bit items apparently works, at least so-so. Getting 64 bit apps & drivers can be iffy. Still, for an important application like SolidWorks, I would like to have the most stable machine I can get, so I would eliminate everything that I don't need and let it run on some old box.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

post - are you new to SolidWorks? :)

I hate to say it, but delaying adoption has been pretty standard pratice for years based on my personal experience and the experience with my customers. It is the smart thing to do. Most of my current jobs are still in '07 (which I am quite fond of), but due to a customer I have been working on one project in '08 this week (latest service pack) and the annoying little bugs have been adding time to the project that I do not experience in my '07 jobs. I love the "promise" of the '08 interface , and look forward to '09 to see if that 'promise' has been worked out. But from a business standpoint, I don't expect to even find the answer to THAT question for another year. Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

The younger you are, the lower the SP # when you jump on board!

Reply to
Bo