3d scetch whoes

Hello All,

I've been rather frustrated with the innabilities of 3d-scetches. They are pretty handy in ceratin situation, but they seem to lack some basic functinallity. Specifically, the select midpoint option, mirror, and circles/arcs . There are workarounds for all of these, but it doesn't seem like it would too much to ask to have these features directly. Anyways, it seems like somewhat of a waste to have a

3d-sketch ability without some (what seems like to me anyways) fairly basic features.

It also seems that sw2005 is rather unstable when it comes to 3d scetches. I have had about 6 crashes today, all while creating

3d-scetchtes.

Anyways, just my rant for the day.

-sw2005,sp0

Reply to
A Rasmussen

I agree.

How about, equal relationships, planarity relationships (similar to collinear in 2D), angular dimensions between elements with the planarity relation, standalone circles, arcs, ellipses, etc.

As it is, 3D elements > Hello All,

Reply to
P.

Definitely rant-worthy.

I especially hate the lack of midpoint constraint. How do you do it? I end up constructing a "truss" of lines and using parallel constraints to create similar triangles that find the midpoint of a 3D sketch line.

Symmetry would be tough, as it would require a plane definition. Perhaps 3D sketch could actually add a sketch-specific plane or CSYS entity (UG has something like this).

Lack of plane def> Hello All,

mirror,

Reply to
That70sTick

Yep, similar to the other wants, I've requested more support for

3DSketch and hopefully others will as well. Definite needs for more functionality here! And, yep, SW2005sp0 is unstable with 3DSketches!

It's funny, the earlier beta's and prerelease's were more stable than sp0.0!?

..

A Rasmussen wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I dont think its '05... I crash that much on 3d sketches in 04 as well :/

But the PARALLEL constraint gives much more power than in 2D ....

Reply to
rocheey