SW 2005

Now that 2005 has been officially unveiled, could anyone (beta testers) please post a detailed "what's new" list? Should be OK with SW...

Reply to
zz
2005 offically unveiled? Where?? Our VAR hasnt told us anything about it. Where did you get your info?

Reply to
Joe

Hi,

follow the following link to find find out what's new in solidworks2005.

kavneet

Reply to
kavneet

snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com (kavneet) wrote in news:1fb824f1.0407150352.6718e4b7 @posting.google.com:

It's funny how that list never lists my favorite enhancements.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I don't think the NDA allows that. You know, what is in writing rules.

Bigger, slower and more features.

From SW:

SolidWorks 2005 Launch Day (7/14) is an exciting broadcast event that allows you to preview the latest capabilities of SolidWorks® software. Event activities include:

a.. Demonstration of compelling new 2D and 3D productivity enhancements including special tools for designers of machinery, molds, and consumer products a.. Presentations by SolidWorks Product Management and CEO John McEleney etc...

Reply to
zz

Solidworks Launch Day was yesterday 7/14 at all the Illinois VARs - and I suspect that was the same "worldwide". Didn't attend - though I have to admit - I kinda expected more fanfare on the Solidworks official website - maybe a little more detail?

Reply to
CFisher

Here's Autodesk's take on the DWGEditor.

of interesting the first hit form Autodesk is on the 2D side and not the 3D capabilities and enhancements. After reading through their PDF, it seams they are running scared and attempting to hold their 2D base.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

"Keith Streich" wrote in news:40f68230$0$74191$ snipped-for-privacy@news.twtelecom.net:

It seems that their primary concerns are than the output won't look exactly the same as ACAD, and that custom apps designed for ACAD won't work. Unfortunately, user of 3D cad don't care much about either of those.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

It was rolled out yesterday. Speak to your VAR.

Reply to
Devlin

I agree and I also found it interesting that the DWG Editor will run LISP programs. I'm not sure to what extent. LISP, "Lost In Stupid Parenthesis", lives on!

Reply to
Keith Streich

What's new with 2005? Everything is new in 2005. So new you can't even open a 2005 file in anything before it. It will bend you over and deform the heck out of your mind with all the new stuff. So much so that you can crash more and mess up even more. ;-)

FrankW

Indeed!!

I haven't crashed once in all the Beta's I have used for SW05. I looks quite promissing so far IMO.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

I laughed when they cut on it for having problems with certain texts. Whats funny is everyone knows that text is the hardest and biggest pain when translating or transferring data. Heck even Autocad has the problem from one version to another.

Kind of interesting the first hit form Autodesk is on the 2D side and not

Reply to
Rocko

Scott,

They usually don't put the "crash generator code" in untill SP0 or SP1. You know that !!

Mark

Reply to
MM

Yes, indeed I thought that pdf was funny. I like the "one mistake is too many". I wonder if they have that same "standard" for Inventor. Ya inventor... the stuff that last time I looked at it could not even bring in an IGES file w/any degree of acceptabiltiy. I mean LMAO! I am sure we can all agree that Inventor has never and will never make a mistake, because if you ask AutoScam "one mistake is too many".

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Yes IMHO, the AutoScam pdf was a funny read.

Thanks for the link.

Regards,

Sean

Reply to
MR_NC

I knew as soon as I posted this it would happen

I did crash once today in SW05 Beta 3. So I'm not sure where your getting that at? Some AutoCAD user till you that?

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Scott,

The remark was "tounge in cheek".

Don't even know any Auotcad users anymore. Been using SW since early 96 (SW95). I've done betas when my schedules allowed. I've also seen perfectly good, stable, betas go to release and be FUBAR at SP0 or SP1. There has definatly been a pattern here.

In their defense though, 2003 and 2004 had fewer (and better) SP's than previous versions. Much of the reason probably has to do with them not trying to come up with a major revision every six months anymore.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Autodesk just dosen't seem to get it. In the release they talk about a stable 2D platform. The reason I need 2D anything is to look at and manipulate old 2d drawings that I would prefer just go away. The whole point of moving to and using 3D is so I can put the 2D dinosaur away. Thank you SW for giving me the means to give up 2D AutoCAD in the first place and thanks again for finally putting AutoCAD to bed for me with the DWG Editor.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez