SW 2005

My VAR canceled the Whats New demo, and rescheduled it for August. I believe there was a delay in the actual release date.

Reply to
Pmwh

We were told end of August beginning of September but I'm sure that will change too. It's awesome though, can't wait to get it, lots of cool stuff. Bigger, better...and slower no doubt. Password protect edrawings and the edrawing compression was increased 30-60%! Mirror sheet metal features! cap ends with arcs or lines is sweet. Draw spines on surfaces and extrude em cool!Totally revamped the exploded view dialog, it's in the FMT now. More control too. Animator has a timeline like flash now so you don't have to figure out all the stop start crap. Check out the what's new pdf for all the goodies. I only hoe it's stable. Of course they claim it is and the beta testers seem to concur.

Reply to
3d

Most of the people that has had a chance to evaluate SW05 has had very good remarks about it. Is there anything about it that anyone doesn't like about it?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Where can I get the 300 page what's new PDF file?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

"Seth Renigar" wrote in news:109Lc.143403$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

It's installed with the beta.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

and the beta is now on regular subscription page

Reply to
kenneth b

Since the beta is now available to regular subscription holders (I'm included here), but I don't want to install the beta, would anyone be willing to just forward me the PDF file? I would like to get a "heads-up" as to what's new without having to install it.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

It's a 3 meg pdf but you don't have to install the beta to get it because the uninstall of the beta creates a /SWDist directory from which you can get the pdf.. "\SWDist\swwi\program files\SolidWorks\lang\english\manuals\WhatsNew.pdf"

So, you can read and try... just install the beta as well as the tutorial files for review. Install as a separate install, it won't hurt your system.

..

Seth Renigar wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Also, you can right-click the file and select "Open with WinZip" if you have it installed. WinZip will open and you can select the PDF file for extract.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson