SW 2005 Design Binder

Has anyone been able to successfully open the design binder in 2005? When ever I double click the binder I can't get Word to open. It's been this way since beta 1. I submitted this as a bug and actually went through a lengthy process with SW trying to figure out the problem. It still is not working for me. I can add files (jpg, excel, etc.) to the binder and the show up and I can open those, it just seems to be Word giving me a problem.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

i concur, sw 2005, w2ksp3, office pro2000 sr-1

Reply to
kenneth b

I double-click the design_journal.doc file and it works for me. Opens up my Word 2003 with the file loaded. Running WinXP and 2005 sp0.

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

Works here as well....but watch up....filesize is growing rapidly ...at least was in the beta-versions

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Hi!

I've tried to execute MS Word from 2005Alpha1 to PreRelase1 and it works fine on few computers...when not I reinstall MSOffice and it works. (Win2000, WinXP, OfficeXP, Office 2003)

Regards

zygzag

Reply to
zygzag

Rob,

I believe you will find the problem relates to anti-virus "script blocking" settings. I ran into the same problem with Norton AV 2003. If you disable "script blocking" (NOT RECOMMENDED!!!), the Word document will open.

I have not had this problem on a newer laptop that is running Norton AV

2004.

SolidWorks has been made aware of the problem.

Hope this helps.

John

Reply to
John Picinich

Norton AV is a misnomer, Norton IS a virus!!!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I use Macafee because you almost have to have something these days. The best part is when it reports SolidWorks as a "suspicious script" and gives me the option to terminate it immediately.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

LOL Yea, I had that with Norton, thats why I use AVG, it's free, but I paid for the "Pro" version; it lets you make more adjustments.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Thanks guys. I'll try turning disabling my Norton virus protection and see if that works,

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

it annoys me somewhat that this problem exists because SW were made aware of this by yours truly early on during Beta

Reply to
neil