SW help files - can't read on new installation

Since WinXP 896358 security update came out, a new install of SW on a machine results in not being able to read the help files. They are files with the extension of .chm. I can double-click on a file and uncheck a box to not ask me if it's ok to open that file, or I can right-click and click on the unblock button, but it seems that there should be a better, global way to work around this. Anyone else have this issue and maybe have a solution?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Isn't it just like Microsoft to determine files in their own formats might be hazardous to the user? LOL As far as your issue goes, I won't even know where to begin to address it. Have you contacted your VAR?

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Not yet - I figured I would throw it out here first.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

i used example 2

Reply to
kenneth

I had found that info and decided that it wasn't exactly the issue as these files are all on the local machine. Thanks.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

intresting, it worked on my local machine.

Reply to
kenneth

Got it! The solution is to unblock the zip file on the network, then extract the files. The Help files then open just fine.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany