dwf files and Microsoft Access

I have just started using Autodesk's .dwf files. I use Microsoft Access to manage all of my files and have started loading records of each of
these files into my database. Each record has a hyperlink that is supposed to open the drawing but when I click on the link nothing happens. I can define a different hyperlink in the same table using a .dwg or any other file extension and the hyperlinks work perfectly. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Does Access have a problem recognizing the .dwf file extension?