API: Insert Explode View

Ok I have been messing with this I am trying to add explode steps and it works fine if the explode view object is allready setup but Configuration::AddExplodeStep won't add the explode view. SW 2004 sp4.2

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I've been looking into this in the hopes of helping you find an answer. I only find more questions.

How is the direction defined? This is not part of the AddExplodeStepAPI (2003)

How can one edit an explode step? The ExplodeStep object has no methods for changing parameters.

Vexing.

Reply to
That70sTick

retval = Configuration.AddExplodeStep (explDist, reverseDir, rigidSubassembly, explodeRelated) reverseDir is how you define the direction you also have to have your selection marks correct first you have to have to select your reference entity which will define the direction. The only problem I have with this is with the exception of flat surfaces you don't have a good reference as to which direction you are exploding.

Does anyone know any API for displaying the temporary direction arrows using a vector or something for realtime feadbac?

You are right it seems that to do a simple edit to an explode step you would have to get it's parameters delete it and create a new one all together. Quite cumbersome if you just want to change the direction or add another component.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I know that there is a parameter for flipping the direction, but I can't see how to determine what that direction actually is. What if one wanted to explode along a specific vector, such as defined by an axis or face or edge? The SW interface REQUIRES this information, yet there is no place in the API to provide it.

Reply to
That70sTick

I thought that might have been what you were getting at that is why I said

"The only problem I have with this is with the exception of flat surfaces you don't have a good reference as to which direction you are exploding.

Does anyone know any API for displaying the temporary direction arrows using a vector or something for realtime feed back?"

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I, too, am now interested. Since in other features, such as extrudes, I have been unable to programatically change the vector. Also, in features such as extrudes, when MANUALLY changing a direction vector, it automatically propagates to ALL configurations....

Reply to
rocheey