3D Textures

Hi, I need help here,

Maybe texture is the wrong word but what I need to do is cover the surface of a part with small round domes a couple of mm in diameter. On a flat surface it would seem easy, just pattern them but this part's suface is shaped more like an egg. (Think of a strange shaped golf ball with convex rather than concave dimples) Can't get my head around this one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards ... Roger

Reply to
Alphadraw

Try searching this forum for related discusion on modelling golfballs. Instead of using revolved cut, use revolved extrusion.

Reply to
Dominic V