Perforated sheets

I don't know much about SW, but is it possible to make a model of a

1500x1000 mm perforated steel sheet with 100.000 holes with 3mm diameter?

I wonder if a ordinary home PC can handle this ordinary object?

Jonas

Reply to
Jonas Karud

Goto

and download and run Patbench. Run 8,10 & 12 iterations. That should answer your question.

Reply to
TOP

Reply to
Sporkman

No, you don't want to do that. I set up a 317 x 317 pattern (100489) of

3 mm round holes on a 1500 x 1000 mm part, and it's been cranking on it for over an hour. My machine is a little better than a an ordinary home PC (AMD FX57, 3 Gb RAM, 10000 rpm drive, nVidia 3450).

You're better off doing what Spork says.

If you're trying to do some sort of analysis and think you really need the geometry, you will probably want to solve it some other way.

matt

Reply to
matt

Textures are not represented in drawings, only renderings. It would be nice if one could apply a hatch pattern to a face or a portion of that face which would show up in both ortho and iso views.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

It should not be too bad. The perforated tubing parts I've drawn have ~10k holes and solve in about 20 seconds. Use 2005, as 2006s performance in this area is woefully degraded (in some instances it can take 100x longer to solve). Also ensure that you check "geometry pattern" during the pattern creation.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Sporkman