A funny thing on solidworks web site.

Page

At the bottom of the page, license cost in $ is 4995

But if you change currency to euros, you get eur 7995.

As far as I know, the exchange rate is 1 EUR = 1.25 USD. and 4995 / 1.25 =

3996, not 7995.

It is simply sold in europe twice the us price.

Reply to
VG

If I recall it right, we need to have a dongle to make it work, and in the Us you don't, guess they added up a little extra for that :-)

Krister L

"VG" skrev i meddelandet news:4174dc07$0$31738$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr...

Reply to
Krister L

yep...in Europe we have to give more than us customers.

In Eastern Europe prices are lower than Western Europe - 6500Euro for SWXOfficePRO and 1400Euro for Sub Service.

zygzag

U¿ytkownik "VG" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:4174dc07$0$31738$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr...

Reply to
zygzag

Some hypotheses:

  1. I think SW has to spend extra time translating the interface into the different languages.
  2. The quantity sold per language is less than English. Hey, wait, British English isn't that much more difficult than American English, yet the Brits are in the high rent zone also.
2a. SW has to get the bits to drive on the left in Britain.
  1. European resellers get a bigger cut and give better service.
  2. The high taxes in Europe have to be paid somehow.
  3. SW is delivered in quality mahogany boxes instead of cardboard like in the USA.

Do any of these resonate with anyone?

In China it is probably available on street corners for US 15.00$ :)

-=BAHR=-

Reply to
Brian Bahr

yepp....but You have to add for the flight ticket

Krister L

"Brian Bahr" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Krister L

Reply to
Peter Nichols

"P" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

That is sure, but you have another face of the answer (Britain). And I suppose that in order to sell in Canada, they have to translate it in French anyway?

--> That's one of the mean reasons.

I would not bet on that (better service...)

Prices are given taxes excluded. Taxes are extra, only the final client pays for taxes.

Cardboard here too

Traditionnal higher price of software, lack of competition. Agreements on prices (with competitors)?

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN