access to SW support database?

It looks like this may be available in the next few months. Read the bottom of page 3.

HH

Reply to
horatio.hornblower

SolidWorks has some new people looking at improving customer satisfaction. I have meet one this year, his title is Customer Satisfaction Manager. In our discussions, he was talking about sharing information better and improving information communications with the customers. He has already implemented one suggestion I had, he put the what's new info on the web site so now you don't have to install the software to be able to read what they have changed. I like the new direction they are taking and I think it will improve things, Brad Harding

Reply to
Brad

Brad,

Are you so sure this is a new direction for SW (i.e. customer satisfaction and improvement). I have been using this software for eight years and have listened year after year to their marketing blitz on product improvement and focus on customer satisfaction. They spend at least as much time on customer perception as they do on satisfaction. I tend more to think the faces and names have changed at SW, however their marketing strategy and direction remains unchanged. The drawing and assembly performance has always needed improvement and this isn't a new request. Do you think this one individual "Customer Satisfaction Manager" will have a significant effect on the SW organization? Ask this Customer Satisfaction Manager to recommend improving performance, the magnitude of change and when it will be implemented?

These PR type individuals have null influence on the SW organization. By next year they will be reassigned or end up doing what they do best, selling used cars and vacuum cleaners.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Ahoy Brady,

I too have heard tales of the man you speak of. They say he whips a mean cat o' nine and does not hesitate t' roll heads that don't heed....

Arrrrrr

Reply to
ndog72

Ahoy Brady,

I too have heard tales of the man you speak of. They say he whips a mean cat o' nine and does not hesitate t' roll heads of heedless scallywags....

Arrrrrr

Reply to
cadPIRATE

Ahoy Brady,

I too have heard tales of the man you speak of. They say he whips a mean cat o' nine and does not hesitate t' roll heads of heedless scallywags....

Arrrrrr

Reply to
cadPIRATE

I do believe it is different this time. I complained that the what's new files were only accessable after install. He listened and a week later they were posted on the web site. I also complained that we have difficulty get info on SPR's logged by a distant division that uses a different VAR. I see in the document posted here that they are planning to share more of this information rather than locking it away and pretending they have no problems. I do not see this a major change in the company, but rather than 100% of total effort put into getting new customers, there is now some minimal effort going into keeping existing customers happy. Brad

Reply to
Brad

Your feeling good about the recent changes, nothing wrong with that.

Kman

Reply to
Kman