An Interview with Robert Green, Author of "Expert CAD Management"

I recently interviewed Robert Green, the author of "Expert CAD Management", one of the few books available on this topic. Robert Green is a well known expert. He writes for Cadalyst Magazine, is an invited speaker at the Autodesk University and at several other CAD events. In order to know more about Robert Green and his book you can read the complete interview on the Novedge blog:

Franco

Reply to
Franco Folini

Franco,

There's no reviews about his book on Amazon.com, but over 45 sources to by new-used copies. Kinda scary. Do you have any sources that have reviewed this book?

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Matt, This is a book for a very narrow (niche) market. I don't think the fact that Amazon doesn't have any review tells anything about the quality of the book. The only additional information about the book is from Shaan Hurley. On his blog ("Between the Lines") he has a few comments about the book:

Franco

Reply to
Franco Folini

Funny how most people wouldn't give the keys to their Mercedes, BMW or Cadillac to just anybody, but yet the management of CAD is frequently given to those without the skills or vision to really get the most out of it.

This is a welcome subject and one that Jankowski touched on at SWW.

The funny thing is that if you think with a manager's hat you will always stay a year behind in implementation of a release of software in today's world.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

To add to my concern about the usefulness of this book, I read some of the excerpts, and was not impressed.

Matt

Reply to
fcsuper

Meaning you are an experienced SolidWorks user that knows what he is doing.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr