The Man Behind TenLinks: an Interview with Roopinder Tara

Hi, Roopinder Tara, is the CEO, founder, and editor of TenLinks, the famous website and daily newsletter that keeps most of us informed on what's going on in the CAD / CAM / CAE industry.

A few days ago, I had the pleasure and honor to interview Roopinder. I asked him a few questions on how his business is adapting to the changing Internet scenario, the way he keeps users interested in his websites, the newest CAD trends, and how he collect the information published on TenLinks websites.

The full interview is available on the Novedge blog:

Franco Folini Novedge

Reply to
Franco Folini

The problem I have with Ten Links is that they have a ton of old links that are now gone or ad sites. They need to go through their library of links more often to clear out the bonus links.

Matt

Reply to
fcsuper

Matt, I agree with you, TenLinks has some problem in managing obsolete links.

Today I also noticed that TenLinks Daily and CAD Digest are providing links to NON-FREE content. In order to read Tony Affuso interview by Randall S. Newton for CADCAM.net I'm supposed to pay $9.95. CADCAM.net seems to ignore that we are now in the year 2007! This kind of content must be free. Tony Affuso is just the CEO of a company, not even a good one, not a scientist or a rock star.

IMHO, non-free content should be clearly marked as $$ or, even better, excluded from TenLinks.

Franco

Reply to
Franco Folini