ANY BODY FACEWORKS FOR MOLD DESIGN ?

Been looking at software to generate parting line and splits. The new tools in 2004 are kinda of lame. I wanted to know if anyone has tried this
faceworks product. I also wanted to know if any one has tried format works? Its suppose to be a cad translator. Thanks Bill

FaceWorks does some nice stuff. I was going to represent the product, but the fellow who does distribution in the US is pretty obnoxious. He's the same guy that does both sales and tech support, if that tells you anything. That's how it was a year ago, things may have changed. Real support came from Belgium.
I chose Splitworks instead. It works well enough. Much better than the SW mold tools.
matt
I haven't used FaceWorks in the heat of battle yet. I saw it demoed (is that a word?) at SolidWorks World. It looks really powerful, but I can't say any more until I use it on an actual job. I plan on taking it for a spin in the next week or so. I'll report back.
I also use SplitWorks occassionally. Most of my jobs don't actually require any of these supposedly automatic add-ins. I have had good success with SplitWorks when I encounter something fancy. (SplitWorks is sold by RnB along with MoldWorks-which I use a lot. The new SolidWorks mold tools are incomplete at this time. They plan on enhancing them for v.2005, but don't get me started on how I feel about that. As long as you are investigaing mold design add-ins, you should also look at I-Mold. They are represented here in the US by CoreWare. snipped-for-privacy@corewareusa.com for more information.
You shouldn't be so hard on Lyle, Matt. I talked to him quite a bit at SWW in Boston. If he's guilty of anything it's just that he's trying really hard. Even he admits that the Belgian guys are better at the more complicated problems. As far as splitting tools go, it looks good.
jk

tools
works?

I did like the software, and wanted to represent it, but he wanted me to make a decision without being able to use the latest software with purported fixes to some of my concerns about the product. That's the brand of hardball salesmanship that usually turns engineers off. I guess I'm no different. He was a decent guy, but the relationship went south when he pulled that one on me. We have sold a fair amount of MW/SpW, which might have been his product instead.
Anyway, Splitworks with Moldworks made more sense than Faceworks with the SW Moldbase. We could have represented Faceworks with Moldworks, but it just didn't make sense.
matt