wf2-ideas

Is there a translator in WF2 to import Ideas file in there native format?

Reply to
Gilbert Pence

Thursday, June 17, 2004, 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST (-4:00 UTC) Register Now

This may seem like the roundabout way to get an answer to a "simple" question, but if there's a chance to get it 'from the horse's mouth', why not take it. In other words, I don't know, but I'm sure Asa Trainer does.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

In this Webcast, you'll learn how to quickly and efficiently clean up imported CAD data and use it to create a high-fidelity solid model, saving time and increasing productivity. Plus you'll learn first-hand about the added interoperability features available in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 such as AutoCAD support, I-DEAS import, and associative data exchange for UG18/UGNX and CATIA v5 that have been added in.

Presenter: Asa Trainer, Product Line Manager

Thursday, June 17, 2004, 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST (-4:00 UTC) Register Now

This may seem like the roundabout way to get an answer to a "simple" question, but if there's a chance to get it 'from the horse's mouth', why not take it. In other words, I don't know, but I'm sure Asa Trainer does.

David Janes

Reply to
Gilbert Pence

Maybe, but it's complicated. The place where this would happen is at 'Insert>Shared Data>From file'. If it's a readable, importable file, it will show up in the file list (supposing that you have it in your current working directory). But, that may depend on what interface options aree included with your license. The Associative Topology Bus or ATB mediates some importing, working with translators/drivers to keep data from systems associative. Also, pro/e directly reads some file formats, others it translates. In some cases you can find out what files pro/e recognizes by seeing what it exports to with 'File>Save a copy'. It's a fairly extensive list, even without any advanced interface licenses, but I don't see a native SDRC/I-Deas format. It's complicated, that's why I suggested catching the show staring Asa Trainer and having your questions ready for him.