Save WF3 to WF2

I use WF3. Can I save to a file WF2 could open? Machine shop hasn't upgraded yet

Reply to
Aggrevated

Machine shop will need some files from PTC. See TPI 132326 It gives a WF2 machine the ability to read in a WF3 file.

There is no "save as" previous release in Pro/E.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I use WF3. Can I save to a file WF2 could open? Machine shop hasn't upgraded yet

I've heard that WF3 can save to WF2 format, but can't confirm it. Otherwise, any version that can't open the native of the other is generally forced to communicate through neutral files ~ IGES, STEP, NEU, SAT, etc. Pro/e has never been backward compatible in file formats nor ever had a 'save as' to an earlier format. Don't know why; personally, I think it was just laziness, they didn't want to be bothered; other than than that, perhaps some foot-shooting, craven, cringing stinginess, some obsession that the users were just trying to rip them off and always wanted everything for free.... baaaaah, humbug, y'only got one leg? then hop t'work! ya want more out of Pro/e, then buy Toolkit and write it y'rown damn self. Legacy Pro/e, old 'customer support' issues, another Unix philosophical plank, who knows, but was ever and always was so. Too bad, I know, but it needs to be taken up with PTC.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Yeah, I looked this up. FAR to complicated for them. but it is possible.

I don't think you get a tree though.. just a dummy file like the .neu just saves a step on my side.

Reply to
Aggrevated