API-Determining feature settings

If anybody has done this before I would sure be interested. I am traversing the feature tree in a part. I can determine what type of feature I have, but I also want to determine the settings used to create the feature. For example, is it a simple loft or a centerline loft? Is it a sweep normal to, one without guide curves, etc.

Reply to
P.

I haven't done this before but from the help it looks like you are looking for Feature::GetDefinition and the subsequent featuredefinition objects. You may also need Feature::GetTypeName to identify the feature type. This should get you started. If you can't get anywhere and can't get further help here try e-mailing apisupport.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Thanks Cory. That opens up a path to the rest of what I need. Going to the help for the FeatDefinition object and looking at the methods and properties gets me all the information I think I need.

Reply to
TOP

Good to hear. Keep me posted on your progress.

Corey

Reply to
CS