API - keyevents

Hey gang,

Just starting a little app and have hit the wall already...

In short, using VB6, I'd like to monitor/process key events from within SWX.

But, the app can't monitor key events unless it has focus and you can't work SWX unless it has focus.

I'm thinking I need to build an add-on (dll) to relay the keyevents. I can't find anything re keyevents from SWX online or otherwise.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Rod Morningwood

i know it was not intentional but ... thanks, i needed a good laugh about this time of day. ;)

Reply to
kenneth

"kenneth" wrote in news:TIhaj.30958$lD6.3569 @newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Glad to be of service. Am I out to lunch on this one?

Reply to
Rod Morningwood

yes you will want to write an addin. I would recommend using vb.net to do so though rather than vb6, I think it will better supported in the future and SWX provides an addin template that you can just customize.

Reply to
cempamj