automatic inferencing

I am running SW 2005, I set automatic relations in tools but my inferencing is still not working? Anybody know why??\ Thanks Bill H.

Reply to
billyb

Which type of inferencing are you referring too? Are you getting the white background inference boxes or the yellow or none at all? Only the yellow ones will actually create a reference. If what you're doing has anything to do with sketch points (and you're getting the white background inference boxes)...then I'm sorry to say that it is probably working as SW intended.

Or are you talking about automatic relation creation between newly created sketch entites and existing solid geometry?

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

yes I am talking about automatic relation creation in new sketches. Sketch line become horiz or vert automatically and there is like a dotted line which implies directions

Reply to
billyb

Are you getting the white background inference boxes or the yellow background inference boxes or none at all? Only the yellow ones will actually create a reference according to the way SW programmed it.

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

I am not getting white background inference boxes or yellow background inference boxes, none at all.

I have automatic relations on, snapping on. I have crosshairs at my pointer when I am sketching. No relations are displayed, no "pencil" no boxes. I am baffled by what setting I might have off or on that is keeping me from getting relations. When I sketch, I do not get a vert or horizontal inference either. It did work before. I tried to load SW 2006, had a problem, removed it in the proper ADD/REMOVE way. I then reloaded SW2005. What could I possibly have off or on?

Reply to
billyb

Dear Tin Man,

I just found out what my problem was with my automatic relations and inferencing. One of the members of this group, back in 2003 helped someone else. This is what he answered:

I suppose this has nothing to do with your hardware. But it'S simple:

I bet you have turned on the AutoCAD Command Line Add-In. Go to Extras/Add-Ins and uncheck "SolidWorks 2D Emulator".

IMHO SolidWorks should cancel this stupid Add-In, its only there for marketing purposes. Have you noticed also, that you sketch entities wont add automatic relations while this thing is on? So do yourself a favour and turn it off and forget about it ;-)

THIS WAS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM, I AM NOW WORKING FINE. I wanted to THANK YOU Tin Man for trying to help me, I do appreciate it. The othere member of the group Stefan Berlitz, helped someone else in 2003, in searching for an solution, I came across it.

Reply to
billyb