Ballons

Quick question on ballons, how do I you re-order Item numbers in split ballons. I have a client who wants the item numbers in stacked ballons to be in numerical order left to right. As far as I can see, once you have picked the components, that is the order and can not be changed.

Regards Simon

Reply to
SM

Double click in the balloon and change them to what you want. Then sort the BOM by item number

Corey

Reply to
CS

Thanks Corey,

I see that as a sort of work-around, your right, it does allow you to sort the ballons into numerical order but it sure does get mighty confusing when sorting the BOM out. You end up with multiple entries with the same Item Number and when faced with a very large BOM this gets hard to deal with.

Whilst on the subject of balloning, how do you pick a component for a stacked ballon of say a nut and bolt assembly where I can see the bolt washer but cannot see the other washer and nut, I have been reverting to Custom which seems very dangerous to me. Under the Item Number it looks like you can pick an item number, but so far this does not seem to change any thing!

Regards Simon

Reply to
SM

There are a few ways of doing this. You could use Select Other. Or you can change the view to HLV and select the lines of the appropriate entities then change back to HLR.

Corey

Reply to
CS

To select a hidden item, change the view to "see-through" mode and then select. If you hover a bit, the flag will pop up and you can make sure that you have the proper part.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany