Bend instructions on sheet metal drawings, what do you do?

I created a simliar topic months ago, but only received 1 response. This question came up again, since I really would like to have a better way to display this rather than a plain text note (not easy to edit).

We would like to use an Excel sheet, but when I edit the embeded Excel sheet, the scale changes and even if I right-click and choose "reset scale", it doesnt change back to the default scale (1).

Our bend table bascially tells manufacturing how to bend each bend line. Bend Line ID 1, 90 degrees, bend up, etc etc.

SW Monkey

A couple options that I can think of. SW 2006 has general tables, but obviously this isn't a good option yet. The other option is to get the free add-on from Barry-Wehmiller

that includes general tables. These tables look & feel just like the SW BOM table.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I believe SW 2006 allows you to place bend notes on the flat pattern drawing at the bend location.

Reply to
Rock Guy

Do I really need to install the entire application, or could I just copy/paste the table from a drawing that uses it? Do you have a template that has this?

Reason im asking, I cant install anything on my system unless I get approval, which is a PITA.

Thanks :)

Reply to
SW Monkey

I just sent you a drawing with a filled out table in it. To modify the table, you RMB and insert lines, etc. Keep that copy safe since you won't have the ability to recreate it. You can copy the table to the clipboard and paste into a new drawing. Let me know how it goes.

BTW, you might just go ahead and ask permission to install the add-on. I've been using it and I like it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

WT, the email address in my sig is expired. I use Spam Gourmet to block spam. Can you resend it to

snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com

Thanks :)

Reply to
SW Monkey

I found a great app. for solidworks.

agnaldo.neves

WT, thanks for the file. I found that you are unable to copy/paste that table in an existing drawing. Wish SolidWorks would add a table like this with more functionality.

Any other ideas what we could use?

Reply to
SW Monkey

Looking ahead, the general tables are included in SW2006. But seriously, you might present your case to install the SW BWIR add-in that can now produce the table. Go boldly!

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I was playing around those tools at home, and everytime I chose "Save Template" for a table I created, SolidWorks crashed. Does this happen to you?

Reply to
SW Monkey

No, I just tried it again, saved it to my desktop, and it worked fine. I also opened and existing drawing and pasted in the table. Seemed to work.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Well, the copy/paste worked today :)

Now if I can only make a block with the table in it :) This would allow me to create a macro that will insert the table into an old drawing (rather than having to open a drawing with the table and copy/paste into the old one)

Reply to
SW Monkey