Buy 'used' Solidworks

Is it possible, if so under what circumstances? (Apologies in advance if this is a politically sensitive issue)

Reply to
domlanic

I think it is only possible if you were to purchase the assets of a company that went under.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Maren

As a small operator, I was successfully able to negotiate an agreement with my VAR, when I initially purchased SldWks, to onsell at a future date. Admittedly (to increase the prospects of success) I asked the question in relation to onselling to a specific site (a client with lots of SldWks seats and ongoing expansion program) As it happened, I stuck with it, and eight years later I'm still with the program (altho presently taking a holiday from the upgrade mill)

Reply to
Andrew Troup

I ran this past my local SW office and there response was, yes in but there was a few restrictions, one was, that it must be a local version, and also there was a £1000 re-reg fee, but that was a couple of years ago.

Best,

JAG

Reply to
JAG

With all these options I still believe you have to get permission from SolidWorks. As long as it is one of the above options and you have decent proof of it they are usually reasonable in a trasfer from buyout.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Maren