cam slot around a tube

Hello all,

It's been over a year since I've frequented this group, but wonder if I can get some help.

I would like to learn how to create a 3/8" wide helical groove (with two different pitches) thru the wall of a 1" OD tube. I have tried sweeps unsuccessfully and a folded up sheet metal part that looks initially like it works - but the slot, after 'folding' into a tube, is not the same as what would occur if it was machined - and it needs to be. It would be great if SWX could 'sweep' a solid, like the endmill that will eventually be used to cut the metal part.

Would this be easier to do in 2007?

I have been using SWX 2006. I own 2007, but have never installed it and I let my maintenance agreement stop at 2007, SP0. Is 2007 sp0 an okay version?

Lastly, I want to use cam mates to utilize this part in a working SWX assembly. Is that possible in 2006?, 2007?

I love to get some help with this, and even be willing to pay.

Of course, we're in a tearing hurry.

Sincerely, Jerry Forcier

Reply to
Jerry Forcier