Best computer for 2k7

Hey all, Any suggestions on computers to use with 2007? What company uses the best components for use with 2007? I've been looking at dell, but I'm not entirely clear on what graphics card is necessary and what processor agrees well with solidworks. The vibe I've been getting from reading other threads is....

-lots of RAM (4 - 8 gigs)

-good processor (core 2 duo?)

-fast hard drives (RAID and high RPM)

-the right video card (nvidia?) My budget is about 2-3k without a monitor

Thanks for the help, Rich

Reply to
RC_cola

I would avoid Dell because of all their proprietary stuff and limited video card selection, check out

For 3K you can get an overclocked Intel extreme core 2 or a dual processor Xeon. I wish I could get my hands on a dual Xeon and see how it performs in the real world vs. a core 2.

Reply to
Mike Zobrest

I've posted this before, but one of our guys was gotten a really fast Dell and it is only about 20% faster than my 3 year old AMD64 FX53. Part of it is the Intel processor holding it back and part of it is all the services they run by default.

TOP

Reply to
TOP