cardboard boxes

has anyone used sheetmetal to make flat blanks for cardboard boxes?

thanks, bill

Reply to
bill allemann

I tried that with the Pro/E sheetmetal package and ran into problems when creating rip cuts (slices that just separate portions of the material without removing any material). It became sort of a Catch 22 in that you need a bend to terminate the rip at but you couldn't put the bend in until you'd created the rip cut.

But, that was in Pro/E. The SW sheetmetal package seems to be much easier to use. Perhaps your biggest problem would be determining the correct K-factor for cardboard. In any case, it sounds like it would be a fun project to try. Good luck.

Reply to
CADaholic

Dear Bill,

Some of my colleagues use sheet metal for making packing boxes.and finally to get a flat pattern of that.

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer