Centerpoint Arc to Spline?

Hi,

I am drawing a centerpoint arc from three points, namely the centerpoint, start and endpoint. After I have done this I would like to find the curve object that corresponds to the arc. I use SketchSegment.GetCurve to do this and it seems that I get the Curve returned. Then I need the endpoints of the curve in order to find the curves intersection with a Surface. The problem is that the start and end points returned from Curve.GetEndParams and Curve.Evaluate are the same points.

What am I doing wrong? The start param is 0.0 and the end param is 6.3 something, but the both return the same point when I use Evaluate. Am I getting the start and end points of the complete circle?

Is there another way to get the arc to become a spline?

Best regards Pål Eilertsen

Reply to
P?l

oh, an API question... I take it! (but you should have put API in the subject)

2*pi perhaps ;-)

Exactly.

Curves have no endpoints. They are "infinite", mathematically defined curves. Edges (and sketch segments) are only segments of curves. Use Edge::GetCurveParams2 to obtain the parameters of the start/end points Then Evaluate will work, with some extra care...

I would use Curve::GetTessPts to obtain points with the desired tolerance and send it to spline.

The first idea is to use FeatureManager::MakeStyledCurves (equivalent of GUI "FitSpline" function), but it doens't work for a single segment!

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti