Command Manager, do you use it?

Just being curious: Do you use the command manager or not? The first thing I did was kill it because it eats too much into the screen real estate. Maybe I should play with it a little bit more before turning it off.

I guess I'm wondering what the rest of you think, or how you are using it.

John

Reply to
john blomberg

By default it is pretty big. Right click on it and turn off the text labels.

Dave H

Reply to
Dave H

if you have it at the bottom, I dont see how you dont use it. I use to have one ring around the screen of toolbars, now I have 3 top and 1 bottom. The one on the bottom is the command manager with 5 toolbars in it. How does this not save space???

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

The command manager defaults to the top and elliminates the need for any other toolbars except the default files and views at the top as well. No toolbars on any other sides or bottom. I've edited the toolbars that the command manager pops up so they have the commands I use in them. I used to have a ring of toolbars around the edges as well but I'm finding that using the command manager only gives me more screen space.

Dave H

Reply to
Dave H

It seems great for those that are still dependant upon icons. The problem I have with it is the lack of memory for size and position it seems to exhibit. I have a second monitor over my primary and it is constantly resizing and dropping into my primary monitor. It hasn't annoyed me enough to turn it off or search for a setting that will prevent this behavior, but if I had a clue on how to stabilize it.....

It's dead and gone on my machine.

Ken B.

Reply to
mold.dude

In my case, it's speed not space. I have my most commonly used icons on the screen at ALL times. The simple common commands are hot keyed so I don't need icons at all for them. The command manager takes a click to expand the toolbar then you have to hunt for and click the icon you need. More time to find and two clicks to use equals lost productivity.

Ken B.

Reply to
mold.dude