How do I retrieve/access the tabular (x,y) values in the holeTable ?

I am trying to get the the centers (x,y) of holes in the holetable created in a Sldworks drawing. The holetable is easily created in version

2004 and the (x,y) values of all holes are tabulated in the holetable. But how do I get these (x,y) values in VB ? Which properties/methods of holetable object should be used to extract these center values ? Anybody has any sample VB codes ? Thanks in advance.
Reply to
Peter

Good question... I didn't find a simple way... looks like you should extract the Annotations and obtain the values from the Text ... We consider making a 2004 version of our TableWizard add-in (which does hole charts since SW99...) that will let you export tables under various formats, if that's what you're trying to do...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

there is a TableAnnotation::SaveAsText function that might be useful... It took me some time to find the equivalent function in the GUI. Actually, you CAN export tables by right-clicking on them, select "Save as template" and then specify a ".txt" or ".csv" file extension...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

You can do it the old-fashioned way of getting the edges from the face, then the curve from the edge. Test the curve for being a circle, and if it is, get the CircleParams off it. I wrote a hole chart program (before SW2004 appeared on the scene), and I'd be willing to send it and the source code to anyone who's interested. You can email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com .

Regards, Brenda

----------------------------------------------- Brenda D. Bosley, PE CustomSolids

Reply to
Brenda D. Bosley