Cosmosmotion tutorial valvecam

Dear all,

I am trying to learn how to use of Cosmosmotion and I find a problem in tutorial3 valvecam. When I open the file tutorial3_valvecam_with_results.sldasm, the simulation is running well until the full simulation time of 0.03 sec. The simulation shows no interference. Just fine ! The problem is that when I cancel the results and restart the simulation (without any change), it stops after 0.012 sec, and I can see that the camshaft material interfers with the rocker material. I really don't understand why. If somebody could do the same trial I would be interested in his results. Any idea welcome. Thanks in advance and best regards,

Francis

Reply to
Francis

--- The simulation shows no interference. Just fine !

Fancis,

The problem may be that when trying to restart, you are in fact in an "interference" position. There is a checkbox for "Stop at interference", so this may be coming into play. Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Thank you Eddie for your comment. I don't think that this maybe the reason because I restart from original position at time 0. During restart, from time 0 to 0.012, the motion is ok. I would rather suspect some problem in the contact between the camshaft and the rocker but I really don't understand why the simulation is going well first time and not after restart. If you have some time, I would appreciate your trial with this tutorial3. Thanks, Francis

Reply to
Francis

No Cosmos Motion user ? Any other forum for Cosmos Motion ? Thanks for advise, best regards

Reply to
Francis

You could try the Solidworks corporate forum at

There is an Animation/COSMOS Motion group there.

Martin

Reply to
wurz