Creating a plane through the center of a hole

What is the fastest way to create a plane that is parallel to a face and through the center of a hole.

I tried inserting a reference point at the end of an axis and use the (plane at a point and parallel to face) method but SW2004 won't accept that point as a choice. I get a message saying I have to choose a plane and a point even though the point is highlighted.

TIA, Fred

Reply to
Fred

Create Reference > Geometry point > arc center (and not to the end of axis) Then use plane at a point and parallel to face to select the point and the the face to create the plane...

HTH Kav

Reply to
Kav
1) Select the sketch that contains your hole, RMB and choose Show. 2) Now select the center point of the circle and your face, then Insert your new plane. 3) Lastly, hide the Sketch.

FYI, if the circle centerpoint isn't visible, goto Tools\Options\System Options\Sketch and put a Check in the box next to "Display arc centerpoints in part/assembly sketches". You'll only have to to this once.

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

--- What is the fastest way to create a plane that is parallel to a face and

------ Fred, Turn on temporary axes for the hole & select, then select the face and insert plane. The default option will be at angle, so set to zero degrees. If needed in the future, the angle can be changed. Eddie

Reply to
Eddie